CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 2, 2012

For the Love of God, or not....

It has taken me over 10 years to get my hind end back in church. As soon as I start going back, I see what made me so sick and why I left. RELIGION. Organized religion can get so messy and petty. Me, the simpleton I have always been (hahaha), thought it was supposed to be about the higher power. Though again and again I am proven wrong. I have studied different religions throughout the past years, and they are all the same. The morals and missions of each is at the same core, resting in love. Living in the south as I do you find lots of Jesus loving bible thumpers trying to save you from eternal damnation. For me, these stereotypical Christians make me want to scream and run as far as I can. The biggest reason I feel this way is because of the judgment they place on other religions, people, and way of life. Before I continue my rant let me say, I am a Christian. It has taken my years to admit it again. Not because of who I believe in, I have no shame in believing in Jesus Christ, but because of stereotypical Christians. From what I have seen of some Christians and some of the things they do, I want no part of.

Matthew 7:1-5 
Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

Why do people in the church feel the need to judge others so harshly? We all do thing we shouldn't. We say things we shouldn't. We act in ways we shouldn't. Isn't that between ourselves and God?

0 comments:

Post a Comment